June 24, 2015
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
I prepare fresh halibut fish so it remains moist and flavorful. I also offer a great topping that will perk up those taste buds.
Lemon Baked Halibut Recipe
- 1 lb. halibut fillets, washed and patted dry
- olive oil (or melted butter)
- 2 lemons
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper, optional
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (easy clean up!). Spray foil with oil.
Drizzle fillets with olive oil and juice from 1 lemon. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper (if using).
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Bacon Fish Topping
Yes, this fish topping has bacon in it!
- 1 bacon strip, cooked when fish bakes, drained and cut into very small pieces
- 3 TBS unsalted butter (if salted, you don't need to add extra salt)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (more overpowers flavor, unless you love it)
- pinch of salt
Mix well in a small bowl and keep in the refrigerator until the fish is ready to be served. Then dollop on top of each fillet. If you do this with a small cookie scoop, the presentation is beautiful.
Serve with mashed potatoes (or even better) loaded mashed potatoes. Frozen sweet peas would be great addition too.
Get more halibut recipes from Miss Homemade here.
What's for dessert? I've got one that is wonderful and refreshing on a hot evening. Try my fruit pistachio salad. Delicious.