Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into strips
- 2 celery stalks, cut into strips
- 1 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 tsp homemade onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- two bottles Cabernet Sauvignon
- moose roast
- bacon slices to cover when cooking
Put all of the ingredients (except moose) in a large bowl or in a resealable plastic bag. Add the moose meat and marinate overnight (a must!).
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Strain the wine marinade and keep for marinating meat when it is cooking in the oven.
Place the moose in a roasting pan and top with bacon slices. Bake for 25 minutes per pound. Baste with marinade every 10 to 15 minutes.
Instead of cooking it in the oven, you can grill it - just make certain it is "low and slow" - for several hours. Tender and delicious.