I hate measurements and never write anything down. Works great on all pink fleshed fish. Amount of marinate depends on how much fish you choose to grill.
- 1 or more coho salmon, boned, skinned, and fat strip peeled out
- 4 ounces spiced rum
- 3 ounces oil of your choice
- 3 ounces dark soy
- Fresh crushed black pepper
- 1 bunch of freshly chopped parsley stems and all
- 1 handful of freshly chopped garlic; exact amount depends on the size of your hands
- Brown sugar
Mix rum, oil, soy sauce, pepper, parsley, and garlic together then add brown sugar until it is almost sweet. It will caramelize when on the grill and keep in the moisture. No one likes dry fish.
Add the mixture to the fillets in a large tub or pan then thinly slice three oranges and dump those into the mix then with your hands make sure the fish is evenly covered. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and toss the fish on a very hot grill, baste if you feel the urge. Cooking time is 6 to 8 minutes per side with the lid open.
Marinate your friends with the rest of the rum and enjoy your dinner.