January 04, 2018
“These are fun, unexpected and delicious venison appetizers to serve during the holidays! Plus, they travel well and are easy to reheat to bring to parties.”
–Lee and Tiffany Lakosky
Yield: 18 venison rolls
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 pound of ground venison
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sliced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 box phyllo (fillo) dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a sauté pan melt the butter and cook venison until browned. Add sliced onions and sauté for a few minutes until soft. Remove and set aside. Mix in salt and pepper.
2. Cover phyllo sheets with damp paper towels to keep them from drying out. Place one sheet on a cutting board and spray with cooking spray. Repeat with two more phyllo sheets to make a stack of three sheets. Cut the stack of phyllo crosswise into thirds to make three rectangles, about 14x6 inches.
3. Scoop filling onto the short end of each rectangle and fold the edges as you roll up.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place each roll on cookie sheet and spray each roll with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until rolls are crispy and golden brown.
5. Melt your favorite cheese and serve warm on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.