September 14, 2010
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 2 (10-3/4 oz) cans homemade cream of mushroom soup substitute
- 1 envelope homemade dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups homemade beef broth
- 1 TBS homemade garlic powder
- 2 TBS homemade onion powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3 to 4 lb venison roast
- 1/3 cup sour cream (optional)
Spray a large crock pot with vegetable oil. Add the cream soup, onion soup mix, beef broth, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley together; whisking until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in the mushrooms.
Place the venison roast into the crock pot and spoon some of the mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours (8 hours on low). If the roast is frozen, cook on high for 8 to 10 hours; or until meat falls apart. Before serving, stir in the sour cream.
Serve over buttered noodles, cooked rice, mashed potatoes or bread slices.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!