Coffee and Brown Sugar Rub Recipe
An easy coffee and brown sugar flavored dry rub for wild game roasts and steaks – it's simple to make, and works with elk, venison and antelope
Yields: Approximately ½ cup
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup ground dark roast or espresso coffee
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Mix the above ingredients together and rub all over roast. Cover and marinade for up to 24 hours.
This dry rub recipe can be used for up to 2 pounds of meat. The amount of time depends on the thickness of your cut of meat.
1. When cooking with this marinade, heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Add meat to the skillet and sear on all sides. Remember, you want a dark caramelized outer crust to develop. If you like medium-rare, remove your roast when the temperature range is about 130 to 135 degrees.
2. Let your roast rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Finish with a pinch of kosher salt.
For more wild game rubs and marinades, visit NevadaFoodies.com.