Cast-Iron Apple Crisp Recipe
Nothing says fall like this Cast-Iron Apple Crisp Recipe from "Team Fitzgerald"
Bake up this simple apple crisp recipe in a cast-iron skillet for a delicious fall dessert.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-35 minutes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 Granny Smith apples, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by making the topping. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add butter to sugar mixture. Mix well using your hands or a fork while gradually adding in flour. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set topping aside.
- Next, prepare the pie filling. Heat butter in a cast-iron skillet. Once butter is heated, add diced apples and salt. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Place topping mixture over apple filling.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until filling is bubbling and topping is golden brown.
Curious what else Jenny Fitzgerald is cooking? Visit TeamFitzgerald.com for more recipes and tune in to Team Fitzgerald Vintage Country Lifestyle on Sportsman Channel.