March 20, 2016
The spice amounts in this recipe depend on how spicy you want the food to be. Some can take the heat and others can't.
- 1 TBS black peppercorns
- 1 TBS cumin seed
- 1 TBS celery seed
- 2 TBS dried thyme
- 1 TBS dried sage
- 2 TBS dried basil, divided
- 2 TBS dried oregano, divided
- 2 TBS dried parsley, divided
- 1 TBS dried mustard powder
- 1 TBS cayenne pepper
- 1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 TBS Hungarian paprika
- 1 TBS dried ancho chili powder
Grind all the ingredients and mix together. The seasoning is ready for use, whether you use it in the crawfish boil or when serving.
You can double or triple the ingredients and fill several glass salt or pepper shakers and place on the table. Or sprinkle food with cayenne pepper when dumping the boil on the table for more heat.
For more Cajun recipes, please visit