Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Blackened Seafood Seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional)
- 6 to 8 wood skewers, soaked in water for an hour to prevent charring
1. Wash and drain shrimp.
2. Whisk together honey, lime juice, garlic, seafood seasoning, olive oil and rum for the marinade.
3. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Pour marinade over shrimp, coating well. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees.
5. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Drizzle additional honey over skewers and brush to coat evenly, then brush on additional marinade.
6. Grill shrimp on medium-high for 5 minutes per side. Brush with remaining marinade while grilling.
7. Sprinkle grilled shrimp with additional seafood seasoning.
For more recipes using Frontier Co-Op seasonings, visit FrontierCoOp.com.