Offering tasty appetizers is a must at parties. They allow guests to wet their appetites as well as socialize and catch up before the formal dinner. But don’t offer just chips and dip; give your guests something to talk about.
Set the standard for the evening with these impressive venison-inspired recipes from Outdoor Channel TV show hosts. Venison sushi, crispy venison mac & cheese balls, healthy venison lettuce wraps, and sweet and sour meatballs; these appetizer recipes will delight your guests long before you bring out dinner.
But, perhaps you don’t plan on cooking dinner. These appetizers can shine on their own, which is perfect for New Year’s Eve get-togethers and football parties. So the next time you have to a host a party, step up your game with these great venison appetizer recipe ideas.
Wild Venison Wraps Recipe
Venison Wild Wraps Recipe (Taylor Drury photo)
Venison, vegetables and rice all rolled up into tasty lettuce wraps – this recipe makes eating a low-carb diet super easy.
- ½ pound ground venison
- Half package taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce, washed and separated into large leaves
- Shredded cheese
- 1 package Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Get the Recipe: Wild Venison Wraps Recipe
Sweet & Sour Venison Meatballs Recipe
Sweet & Sour Venison Meatballs Recipe (Jenny Nguyen photo)
Serve these sweet & sour venison meatballs as a tasty party appetizer or for your next family dinner.
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1½ cups grape jelly
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion power
Get the Recipe: Sweet & Sour Venison Meatballs Recipe
Venison Sushi Recipe
Venison Sushi Recipe (Photo courtesy of Shaun Davies)
There is no better way to serve venison tenderloin than as a sushi appetizer with this simple recipe.
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water (plus extra for rinsing rice)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 thinly-sliced strips seasoned and seared venison loin
- Minced scallions or fresh jalapeño peppers
- Soy sauce, optional
Get the Recipe: Venison Sushi Recipe
Venison Mac and Cheese Balls Recipe
Venison Mac and Cheese Balls Recipe (Photo courtesy of Shaun Davies)
That's right … venison AND mac and cheese, all balled up into the ideal, bite-sized party appetizer.
- 4 cups mac and cheese (favorite recipe; out of the box; leftovers; whatever you choose!)
- 2 cups grilled and cubed venison tenderloin
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Get the Recipe: Venison Mac and Cheese Balls Recipe