June 28, 2017
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 3 pounds bear steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 5 pieces uncooked salt pork or thick bacon, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup A1 sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
1. Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 2-inch cubes.
2. In a heavy fry pan or cast-iron wok, sear bear meat with salt pork or bacon so it’s brown on all sides.
3. Place bear meat in casserole dish.
4. Add rest of ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Pour mixed ingredients into the casserole dish and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Put casserole into hot BBQ grill. Cover and bake at 325 F for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below!