Baked Holiday Ham Recipe
Wild boar meat is leaner than store-bought ham. So, if using wild boar for this recipe, be sure to baste it often when it's cooking.
Cook this Baked Holiday Ham Recipe at 325 degrees. Don't bake it at a higher temperature or the meat will dry out. Low and slow will guarantee a wonderful result.
Yield: 1 ham
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 to 4 hours
- 1 (15- to 18-pound) ham
- 2 cans cola
- 1 large can pineapple rings
- Maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Cloves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ham in a shallow roasting pan and baste with the cola. Using toothpicks, stick the pineapple rings over the top and sides of the ham. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the pineapple.
- Place the cherries on top (in the middle of the pineapple rings). Stick a few cloves in the pineapple rings – securing all with toothpicks.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 to 18 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Baste with cola every 30 minutes during cooking time.
For more ham recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com