By: Jana Waller
Jana Waller, host of Skull Bound TV on the Sportsman Channel lays out her famous bacon-wrapped venison roll recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 pound venison or 4 steaks/backstraps
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 jalapeÃ±o or green pepper
- 1 cup balsamic dressing
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1. Thaw venison steaks or backstraps (if needed), cut into thin strips approx. 3-4 inches long, soak in a mixture of 50% balsamic dressing and 50% Worcestershire sauce until coated. Let meat soak for 1 hour minimum.
2. Cut up jalapeÃ±o or green pepper into small nickel-sized pieces.
3. Cut bacon into 1/2 strips. Place each bacon strip onto a cutting board. Place venison strip on bacon, add a dollop of cream cheese and a small piece of pepper. Roll tightly into a ball and place a toothpick through the middle to hold together. The secret is to pierce the jalapeÃ±o or pepper with the toothpick to help hold the roll together.
4. Cook rolls on low-medium heat grill for approximately 15 minutes, turning every few minutes to cook meat thoroughly.
5. Make sure to remove toothpicks before consuming and ENJOY!