Bacon-Wrapped Poussin Recipe
For an elegant dinner for two, roast individual poussin in bacon until golden brown and serve with oven-roasted okra and stuffed cherry peppers
Complete this bacon-wrapped poussin meal with a side of oven-roasted okra.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water, chilled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 whole poussin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Four slices smoked bacon
- Mix all ingredients for the brine. Add poussin to brine and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove poussin from brine and pat dry. Rub olive oil over poussin and then season with salt and pepper. Wrap poussin with bacon.
- Roast in oven until golden and juices run clear, about 45 minutes to one hour. Remove from oven.