This is an easy to make wild-game meal for two to four individuals. Serve these antelope Salisbury steaks alongside a baked potato topped with sour cream sauce, sautéed onions, garnished with a few chopped chives and a pat of butter.
Just a few side notes: Substitute ground elk or venison for the antelope. You also can add a few drops of Tobasco to the cream sauce if you like a little heat. If you are lucky enough to save one as a leftover, convert it into a burger for lunch the next day.
- 1 pound ground antelope.
- 1/4 pound ground mild pork sausage
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- chopped chives
- 2-4 Russet potatoes
Directions for this recipe can be found at: http://www.nevadafoodies.com/antelope-salisbury-steak-in-sour-cream-gravy/