July 17, 2017
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds tilapia (can sub for almost any white fish)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ lime
- 1 package flour tortillas (I like the Guerrero Fresqui-Ricas brand)
Adobo-Chipotle Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 small chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ lime
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Pineapple-Mango Salsa Ingredients and Additional Toppings:
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 ½ cups diced pineapple
- ½ cup red onion (chopped finely)
- Lime wedges
- 2 ½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 avocados (optional)
- Shredded Colby jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is preheating, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ground pepper and oregano in a small bowl. Line baking sheet with tinfoil and lightly grease. Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of the fish and lay flat on the baking sheet. Add tilapia and bake for 30 minutes.
- While fish is baking, add the sour cream, chipotle peppers, garlic and juice of ½ lime to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and a pink-beige color. Set sauce aside in a small bowl or squeeze bottle.
- Fish tacos are always best buffet style so those you’re dining with can have the pleasure of creating their tacos just the way they like them! For this reason, I actually did not combine the salsa ingredients but kept them separate. Chip and dip bowls are great for this because you can either put the sauce or lime wedges in the center.
- Remove fish from oven. Heat up the tortillas in an ungreased skillet. Cook tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Serve and enjoy!