November 20, 2015
You've been busy hunting all day; you're cold, exhausted and hungry. The last thing you want to do is prepare and cook a meal. Why not let your slow cooker do the cooking for you? Here are 5 easy and delicious crockpot venison recipes to try, so dinner can be ready and waiting for you.
Serve this delicious roast with warm, crusty bread and a side salad.
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet dry Italian Dressing
- 1 packet dry Brown Gravy
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 large (3-4#) venison roast (any type of roast will work)
Full recipe: 3 Packet Venison Roast
Crockpot Venison Barbecue Sandwiches
This venison recipe is TO DIE FOR. It's fall apart tender and tasty.
>> Check out this Handcrafted Walnut Cutting Board from MEAT! –
it has non-slip rubber feet for added stability!
Full recipe: Crockpot Venison Barbecue Sandwiches
Unreal Stew for Gamey Meat
This stew is great for venison, or any tough, gamey meat!
To store any leftover stew long-term, consider vacuum-sealing and freezing it.
- 2 pounds meat, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 quarts water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 stalks celery and leaves, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 12 dashes teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons A1 sauce
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 package chicken gravy mix
- 1 package chili mix
- 6 fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
Full recipe: Unreal Stew for Gamey Meat
Venison in Cabernet Sauce
This venison in cabernet sauce is delicious. It's one of those meals that tastes like you spent all day preparing it. Wonderful comfort food.
>> Shop Freeze & Store Options from MEAT!
- 2 to 3 lb venison roast
- 1 (10.5oz) can homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cabernet wine
- 1 TBS beef bullion granules
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp basil
- 1 TBS homemade hot sauce,(optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5-7 potatoes, cut in quarters (optional)
- mushrooms, optional
- bay leaf (optional)
- carrots, cut in half (optional)
- 1/3 cup cabernet wine
- 3 TBS cornstarch
Full recipe: Venison in Cabernet Sauce
Easy Crockpot Venison Korean BBQ
Enjoy a taste of Korean BBQ with this simple 5 ingredient recipe with venison slow cooked in a sweet and nutty sauce and plated with rice noodles and spinach.
- 2 lbs. venison cut into stir fry size bites
- 1 packet of Campbell’s Korean BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce
- rice noodles
- water (for cooking rice noodles)
- bag of spinach
Full recipe: Crockpot Venison Korean BBQ