With both turkey season and fall weather upon us, there is no better time for this White Turkey Chili Recipe from Chef Tom Minchella
By: Chef Tom Minchella
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pound skinless, boneless turkey breast
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 green chiles, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ears freshly shucked yellow corn
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro for garnishing
1. Rinse and cover the beans with cold water and then place them in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the beans from the refrigerator and place in a medium saucepot.
2. Bring to a slow simmer over medium heat and cook until soft, about 30–45 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and set aside to cool.
3. Dice the turkey breast into 1 inch cubes and season with the salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
4. Add the seasoned turkey, garlic and the onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until completely white. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, the chiles and spices and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the corn and half of the cannellini beans. Take the remainder of the cannellini beans and the remainder of the chicken broth and puree together in a blender, add to the chili mixture.
6. Bring chili to a simmer and add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Divide the chili among bowls and garnish with the cilantro and tortilla chips.