Marinated in a fine red wine sauce and roasted to perfection, this venison backstrap recipe is elegant yet simple
By: Michael Lee
Host of Backwoods Life Michael Lee shares this delicious and easy comfort food recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 venison backstrap
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine olive oil and red wine in a zip-lock bag or large bowl. Add venison backstrap. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove the marinated backstrap and season with salt and pepper. Heat butter and garlic in a large skillet on the stove top. Over a high flame, sear the meat on all sides for a few minutes per side.
4. Place venison in a greased, oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes (cook time may vary depending on thickness of meat).
5. Once it reaches your desired doneness, it is ready to slice up and serve!