This healthy and satisfying Grilled Striped Bass Recipe is best when topped with a fresh mango salsa
By: John Riggins
Former pro-football player and host of Sportsman Channel’s late show Riggo on the Range spills the secret to one of his favorite backyard barbecue bass recipes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-16 minutes
- 2 striped bass fillets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients, except the bass fillets. Add bass to marinade and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat your grill to a medium-high heat. Remove fish from the marinade and cook until grill marks start to appear and center is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets. Remove fish from grill and plate.
3. Top with mango salsa and enjoy!