The roasted red pepper sauce in this venison skewers recipe adds a kick of spice and a whole lot of flavor to your summer grilling
By: Scott Leysath
Scott Leysath, professional chef and host of The Sporting Chef on Sportsman Channel is always cooking up tasty wild game and fish recipes. From dungeness crab cakes to these venison skewers with roasted red pepper sauce, Scott’s recipes will motivate you to get cookin’!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Venison Skewers Ingredients:
- 2 ½ pounds of trimmed venison from backstrap, tenderloin or hindquarter
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
1. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips. In a medium bowl, prepare marinade by whisking together olive oil with remaining ingredients. Place meat in marinade and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours, turning meat 3 or 4 times while refrigerated.
3. Combine red pepper sauce ingredients and blend well.
4. Remove meat from marinade and place on skewers. Place skewers on a well-lubricated white-hot grill for 2 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness. Serve with red pepper sauce.