Serve these orange and soy roasted duck legs with a buttery and cheesy risotto
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 duck legs
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 5 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup good Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine orange juice and soy sauce in a bowl.
3. Trim fat and excess skin from duck legs. Place duck legs in a roasting pan and brush with the orange-soy mixture; season with salt and pepper.
4. Place duck legs in oven and roast for 45-60 minutes or until duck legs are cooked through. Every 15 minutes, brush duck legs with orange glaze to give them a nice golden color.
5. While duck legs are roasting, prepare risotto. Heat chicken stock in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and toast for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup of the simmering chicken stock and stir into rice with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring rice and when the liquid evaporates, add another cup of chicken stock; keep stirring. Repeat this process while stirring for 18-20 minutes or until rice is soft or al dente. Add butter and cheese to risotto; season with salt and pepper.
7. Place risotto on the center of a plate. Top with duck legs.