You’ll love this Grilled Canadian Whitefish Recipe, marinated in a chili-soy sauce and slightly charred on a flaming grill
By: Denis Isbister
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
- 1 pound whitefish fillets, approximately 2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili paste
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
1. Wash your fish fillet and pat dry.
2. Combine soy sauce, garlic powder and chili paste in a medium-sized bowl. Then, place fish in sauce. Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn on your grill and wait until it comes to high heat.
4. Remove fish from marinade and brush with olive oil so it doesn’t stick to the grill. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until fish is cooked through and there are dark grill marks.
5. Remove from grill and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Serve.