With the kids back in school and the weather cooling off, it can only mean one thing: summer is almost over. Labor Day is just around the corner so invite over some family and friends and host a cookout for this all-American holiday.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect fish recipes, some backyard barbecue classics, or a show-stopping venison marinade, we’ve got you covered. Since you’ve been itching to cook up your hard-earned game, fire up the grill and check out these 10 delicious game grilling recipes from the pros over at the Sportsman Channel.
- By Tom McMillan
(Catch Tom on Meet the McMillans on the Sportsman Channel)
Meat Choice to Use
- Elk back strap, pounded flat
- Deer minute steaks
- or Stag cutlets
- Italian dressing
- Cream cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped jalapeños
1. Place a slice of cream cheese and desired amount of onions and jalapeños along the length of one end of the piece of meat.
2. Roll up and wrap with a piece of thin bacon, secure with toothpicks.
3. Season the roll with any wild game seasoning of your choice.
4. Be sure to cook slow and thoroughly, due to the thickness of the rolls.
To find out when you can catch more of your favorite shows, check out the Sportsman Channel’s programming schedule!