Searing frog legs with butter and garlic is the best way to make this traditional French dish
Chef Tom Minchella serves up another unique dish for the adventurous cook. Serve these frog legs with a side of rice, or a fresh salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound fresh frog legs, feet removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1. Season frog legs with salt and pepper. Dredge legs in flour and shake off excess flour.
2. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and garlic; cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
3. Add frog legs to pan and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and chives. Cook for 3 additional minutes or until frog legs are white and cooked throughout.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.