For an elegant dinner for two, roast individual poussin in bacon until golden brown and serve with oven-roasted okra and stuffed cherry peppers
Complete this bacon-wrapped poussin meal with a side of oven-roasted okra.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 5 hours
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water, chilled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 whole poussin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Four slices smoked bacon
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Remove poussin from brine and pat dry. Rub olive oil over poussin and then season with salt and pepper. Wrap poussin with bacon.
4. Roast in oven until golden and juices run clear, about 45 minutes to one hour. Remove from oven.