Ted Nugent, the outspoken hunter with a sharp and creative tongue for all things that reside stage left, was at it again this past weekend at the 2012 NRA Show in St. Louis, MO. The Motor City Madman, while being interviewed by NRA News, went on a rant that included graphic political analogies that sparked a mainstream media firestorm.
His comment, “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year,” earned him a special visit from the Secret Service yesterday to discuss exactly what he meant by that statement and some of his other more colorful word choices.
Check out Ted’s rant below and let us know…did he go to far? Or not far enough?
Need more Ted!? Sportsmenvote.com had the chance to ask Nugent his thoughts and beliefs about other key issues that relate to sportsmen. Many issues that are probably important to you and your way of life. Find out Ted’s thoughts and answers by clicking the questions below and most importantly, stay politically engaged during this important election year and make your voice heard in November!
- America faces tough choices between becoming energy independent without impacting wildlife, water resources and the environment. Is it possible for us to do both? If so, how?
- Should there be nationwide reciprocity for state-issued concealed-carry licenses, just as there is for state-issued drivers licenses?
- Public-land access for hunting and fishing is of key importance to sportsmen. What solutions might help increase available land access?
- Whoever wins the presidential election may have the opportunity to appoint one or more justices to the Supreme Court. Why is the make-up of the Supreme Court important to sportsmen?
- What’s your take on the recent passage of the Sportsman’s Heritage Act (H.R. 4089)? What does how our congresspersons voted on this bill tell us about their views on hunting and fishing?