Wild Boar Bacon, Peanut Butter and Bourbon Cookies Recipe
December 20, 2017
If you're looking for a unique cookie recipe, you've found it; this Wild Boar Bacon, Peanut Butter and Bourbon Cookies Recipe is sooo good and makes 5 dozen delicious, melt-in-your-mouth cookies
The name of this cookie recipe says it all â€“ wild boar bacon, peanut butter and bourbon â€“ how can anyone not love this impressive flavor combo? The sweet and salty ingredient combination is truly heavenly.
If you don't have wild boar bacon, you can use regular bacon. Just be sure to make enough, because anyone who gets a taste of one of these delectable cookies will be reaching for seconds!
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 pound uncooked wild boar bacon, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey, warmed
1. Cook wild boar bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to plate lined with paper towels. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and sugars until creamy. Add in eggs and 2 tablespoons bourbon; beat until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly stir into butter mixture; scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Fold in wild boar bacon pieces.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls (dough will be a bit sticky) and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
6. Let cookies cool for 3-5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
7. Combine warm honey and ¼ cup bourbon. Drizzle honey-bourbon mixture over cooled cookies. The more you drizzle, the stronger the bourbon flavor!