Wheeler Lake Set to Host King Kat Trail
The Cabela?s King Kat Tournament Trail will hit the waters of Wheeler Lake October 1, 2011 with a $10,000.00 Super Event at Ingalls Harbor in Decatur, Alabama. This is the opportunity for local catfish anglers to compete for $10,000.00 in cash, prizes and a chance to advance to the Cabela?s King Kat Classic to be held on the Mississippi River at Burlington, Iowa October 27-28-29, 2011. Be sure to check out our new website at: www.kingkatusa.com. It's a new site with new and exciting information on our events along with special information for catfish anglers everywhere.
The tournament weigh-in will be held at Ingalls Harbor, 701 Market Street in Decatur, Alabama. Tournament hours are 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM. All anglers must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 PM with a 5 fish limit per team. To help preserve the sport only live fish will be weighed in and all fish will be released after the tournament. For a complete list of rules phone or visit our website listed below.
- Late registration will be held the day before competition at specified location from 5-7 pm. Captains Meeting/Seminar will follow at 7pm.
- There will be no meeting, late registration or boat launch the morning of the event. Anglers will be allowed to launch on tournament water at 5am tournament morning. No fishing is allowed until 6:30am.
Registration for this event will be held at: Ingalls Harbor in Decatur. To pre-register go on line to: www.kingkatusa.com or call 270-395-6774.
Legal Waters: Anglers may fish all legal waters of Wheeler Lake.
Bonuses for 2011
- Monster Rod Holders Bonus (Qualifying Events): To be eligible for the Monster Rod Holder bonus anglers must have at least 6 Monster Rod Holders on their boat that they competed out of. Monster Rod Holders will pay $200 to the 1st place team.
- Monster Rod Holders Bonuses (At the Classic Event): Monster Rod Holders will pay $1000 to the top placing team of the Classic if they have at least 6 Monster Rod Holders on the boat they competed out of. Also, Monster Rod Holders will award the 3rd place points team a clothing and product package.
- Rippin Lips Angler of the Year -All anglers and/or teams will be competing for points at each event for the right to be crowned ?Rippin Lips Angler of the Year?. Anglers will receive points for finish at each tournament (Example -100 pts for 1st,99 pts for 2nd,98 for 3rd,etc.. We will count the top 4 finishes by each angler or team. In the case of a tie, those teams tied will have a fish off at the Classic. The winning angler or team will receive a Rippin Lips Sponsorship. They will get their boat wrapped by Rippin Lips and receive 4 paid entries in 2012 and will be required to maintain that wrap for 2 years. 2nd Place angler/team in the Angler of the Year Race will receive 3 paid entries for the following year and a clothing & product package from Tangling With Catfish. 3rd place in the points race will receive a Monster Rod Holder clothing and prize package.
The Decatur-Morgan County Convention & Visitors Bureau wish to welcome all the King Kat Anglers along with their family and guest to this beautiful part of the country and hope you enjoy your stay while you're here. For more information on the area call: 1-800-232-5449 or visit their website at: www.decaturcvb.org.
For entry forms or information on Cabela?s King Kat Trail phone 270-395-6774, fax 270-395-4381 or visit our website at www.kingkatusa.com.