Virginia Beach Site of Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series
The Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series, the nation's longest-running and most popular course on recreational marine angling tactics and techniques, will take place at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on Saturday, January 22, 2011.This is the 24th year of the seminar tour, which teaches a vast array of cutting-edge and pertinent information on catching more and bigger game fish within Virginia coastal waters. The information is presented by some of the very best saltwater anglers, complete with visuals and demonstrations.George Poveromo will be headlining the program. Other presenters during the series include:
- Ric Burnley- Writer and Regional Editor for Salt Water Sportsman, specialist on light tackle and lower Chesapeake Bay fishing.
- Captain Jorj Head- Innovative cobia fishing pro, and authority on catching trophy flounder.
- Captain John Oughton- Mid-Atlantic tuna and white marlin expert, aboard his Ocean City, Maryland-based charter boat "That's Right."
- Captain Chris Newsome- Distinguished light tackle guide who specializes in catching speckled trout, flounder, red drum, bluefish and striped bass within Virginia's Chesapeake Bay.
- Captain Blake Hayden- Renowned authority on catching trophy speckled trout, in addition to tarpon, cobia, bull red drum, marlin and tuna; specialist on deep-dropping for tilefish.
- Captain Chandler Hogg- Premier inshore fishing authority who also excels at catching tautog, Spanish mackerel, red drum, cobia, spadefish and sheepshead.
- Dr. Ken Neill III- Noted authority on catching game fish in and around Virginia's coastal waters. Neill also is a pioneer of deep-dropping for tilefish and an accomplished offshore angler.
- Harry Vernon III- Nationally-recognized authority on offshore live-baiting, bottom-fishing, trolling and drifting for swordfish
Courses for the seminar presentation will focus on: live-baiting for trophy striped bass; northeast tactics that take monster Virginia Beach striped bass; cutting-edge striper trolling; refined flounder tactics; how to consistently locate and catch trophy flounder; sheepshead the easy way; sight-fishing for cobia; how to excite and catch stubborn cobia; chunking for trophy cobia; light tackle inshore fishing for puppy drum and speckled trout; how to consistently catch drum; light tackle fishing for red and black drum; scoring around inlets, jetties and beaches;secrets of fishing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel;successful bottom and wreck fishing;how to catch a trophy king mackerel;spanish mackerel on light tackle;deep-dropping for tile fish;how to chum like the pros (inshore and offshore);how to mix and troll natural baits and lures;hot white marlin teaser strategies;top white marlin baits and spreads;top methods for catching larger yellowfin and bluefin tuna;jigging for tuna;sub-surface offshore trolling for wahoo; and tunaand dolphin tactics.The Virginia Beach Convention Center will host the presentation from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets to the seminar series costs $55 and includes a comprehensive textbook, a one-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman magazine, one Roffer's Ocean Fishing Forecast Analysis (offshore tuna, dolphin, marlin and major kingfish tournaments only), a 16-ounce bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax, one spool of Sufix fishing line and a $20 discount card to Capt. Harry's Fishing Supply.One attendee from the Virginia Beach seminar will win a trip for two to the Bimini Sands Resort and Marina on Bimini Island in The Bahamas for an incredible bonefishing excursion. Additionally, one person's name will be drawn from the entire 2011 Seminar Series Tour to win a brand new Mako 18LTS Light Tackle Skiff. That drawing will take place one week after the completion of the final seminar on the tour.The Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series is the nation's most popular and longest running saltwater fishing seminar taught by some of the countries best authorities on saltwater fishing. In its 24th year, the series covers in detail how and where to locate and catch game fish. Other locations for the 2011 seminar include: Atlantic City, NJ; Fort Myers, FL; Wilmington, NC; Savannah, GA; Palm Beach, FL; Biloxi, MS; and Boston, MA.To purchase tickets by phone, call 1-800-448-7360 or order online at www.nationalseminarseries.com
. For more information about the Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series visit www.nationalseminarseries.com
. For more information on fishing in Virginia Beach, visit //www.vbfun.com/visitors/things-to-do/fishing/