Ultimate Square Venison Burger Recipe
May 03, 2018
An ideal proportion of ground venison, guacamole, and pungent special sauce make this venison burger extra tasty
[caption id="attachment_97540" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] The sweet pickle relish gives this venison burger recipe a good balance of sweet and tart flavors. (Photo courtesy of GameandFishMag.com)[/caption]
By: Stan Potts and Gordon Whittington
North American Whitetail shares this unique, knock-your-socks-off venison burger recipe including a secret sauce that'll leave you wanting more.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- ½ pound bacon, cooked
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup guacamole
- 4 hamburger buns
Secret Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Season ground venison with salt and pepper and form into four patties.
2. Sauté bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Heat grill to medium-heat and cook patties to desired doneness. While patties are cooking, combine all secret sauce ingredients. When patties are almost ready, add cheese slices and close the grill cover for approximately ten seconds, or until cheese is melted.
4. Once patties are cooked, place one on top of the bottom of each hamburger bun. Top with bacon slices, sautéed vegetables, tomato, guacamole and secret sauce. Top with the other half of the hamburger bun and serve.