When frog legs are prepared right, they are a hard dish to beat. Try this recipe and you won’t be disappointed!
- Place frog legs in a bowl of lemon juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, season flour with salt, pepper, and blackened seasoning. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron or electric skillet until temp is around 300 degrees. If using an electric skillet, you will have no trouble with the temp being perfect.
- In the same skillet, sauté cherry tomatoes and garlic; set aside.
- Remove frog legs from lemon juice and dredge them in the seasoned flour. Place dredged frog legs in the skillet.
- Cook frog legs for 15 minutes on each side.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together to create “No Honey in It” Mustard Sauce.
- Serve sautéed frog legs over salad greens and top with “No Honey in It” Mustard Sauce.
This Sautéed Frog Legs Recipe is courtesy of Victoria Loomis, the Gatherin' Girl, and Outdoor Edge. For more delicious recipes, visit the “Wild Game Wednesday” blog on the Outdoor Edge website.