Salmon, Mango and Brie Sandwich Recipe
The combination of fresh mango and Brie cheese raise this salmon sandwich recipe to gourmet heights
The methodused to cook the salmon in this recipe is simple and extremely versatile. Usethe salmon in this sandwich recipe with mango and Brie, on top of an Asiansalad, or as the main course with a side of vegetables.
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 pound salmon (boneless)
- 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (I like the Lawry’s Teriyaki with Pineapple Juice brand)
- 1 mango, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) Brie wedge (will only need about half unless you want it really cheesy!)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 mini, sandwich-sized baguettes (1 full baguette makes three sandwiches)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Baguette topped with Brie and Parmesan.
(Chelsie Walters photo)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick oil. Place salmon on baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, soy sauce and teriyaki. Spread sauce evenly across salmon. Place in oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
Slice baguettes in half lengthwise; dab insides with melted butter. Sprinkle one teaspoon of garlic salt on cut sides of bread. Place on aluminum foil and broil until slightly brown. Remove from oven. Add sliced Brie on all four pieces of bread; place back in oven, until Brie is warm and a little melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Place half of salmon, mango, onion, avocado and arugula onto bottom sides of bread. Close the sandwiches and press down gently to slice in half. Now these delicious salmon sandwiches are ready to serve and eat!