Rut Hut Rolls: Bacon-Wrapped Venison Recipe
August 31, 2017
[caption id="attachment_86788" align="alignnone" width="1280"] This Bacon-Wrapped Venison Recipe tastes even better when grilled over a campfire. (Photo courtesy of Tom McMillan)[/caption]
Grab your meat tenderizer and fire up the grill, these tasty venison rolls wrapped in bacon are the perfect appetizer for your next gathering
By: Tom McMillan
Tom McMillan, host of MCMILLAN on Sportsman Channel, lays out the recipe for his renowned bacon-wrapped venison rolls.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound deer minute steaks, pounded flat (can substitute elk backstrap or stag cutlets)
- Italian dressing
- Cream cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped jalapeÃ±os
1. Marinate venison in Italian dressing overnight, for at least 3-4 hours.
2. Place a dollop of cream cheese and desired amount of onions and jalapeÃ±os along the length of one end of the piece of meat.
3. Roll up and wrap with a piece of thin bacon; secure with toothpicks.
4. Season the roll with any wild game seasoning of your choice.
5. Be sure to cook slow and thoroughly, due to the thickness of the rolls.