Rut Hut Rolls: Bacon-Wrapped Venison Recipe
August 31, 2017
Grab your meat tenderizer and fire up the grill, these tasty venison rolls wrapped in bacon are the perfect appetizer for your next gathering
By: Tom McMillan
Tom McMillan, host of MCMILLAN on Sportsman Channel, lays out the recipe for his renowned bacon-wrapped venison rolls.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound deer minute steaks, pounded flat (can substitute elk backstrap or stag cutlets)
- Italian dressing
- Cream cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped jalapeÃ±os
1. Marinate venison in Italian dressing overnight, for at least 3-4 hours.
2. Place a dollop of cream cheese and desired amount of onions and jalapeÃ±os along the length of one end of the piece of meat.
3. Roll up and wrap with a piece of thin bacon; secure with toothpicks.
4. Season the roll with any wild game seasoning of your choice.
5. Be sure to cook slow and thoroughly, due to the thickness of the rolls.