Pork-Filled Bacon Basket Recipe
May 02, 2018
Brian "Pigman" Quaca serves up this savory Pork-Filled Bacon Basket Recipe
By: Brian "Pigman" Quaca
Brian "Pigman" Quaca is a character at the core. As host of Pigman: The Series on Sportsman Channel, Brian knows the best way to cook a pig.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 1 package pork bacon, pre-sliced
- 1 small package pre-cooked shredded potatoes
- 1 small can diced jalapeÃ±os
- 1 small block cheddar cheese or 1 package grated cheddar cheese (smoked cheese is the best)
- 1 bottle Green Mountain Grills Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay down half of the strips of bacon on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil, with a gap between each piece of bacon. Then lay down the remaining bacon strips, perpendicular to the previous half package, intertwining each piece of bacon and covering the gaps. This should ultimately resemble a basket weave.
3. Combine pork sausage, potatoes, jalapeÃ±os, cheese and half the bottle of BBQ sauce. Lay in the middle of the bacon weave.
4. Roll the mixture up in the bacon weave, securing sides together with toothpicks.
5. Brush remaining BBQ sauce over the entire roll.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is brown and crisp. Slice and serve.