Online Resources for Anglers
Here are some of the websites I frequent:
- World Fishing Network (WFN) - If you found my blog then you found this website. But do you take the time to really browse through it? There is a wealth of information available, including updates from your favorite WFN shows.
- Facts of Fishing - Who doesn't love Dave Mercer or his show Facts of Fishing? Here you can find Dave's blog, videos, fishing tips and more. It's updated regularly and, like Dave himself, provides lots of information and humour. I will admit that I downloaded the ringtones available on this site and now have them on my phone.
- Wired2Fish - The Wired2Fish guys provide great articles and videos covering a range of topics from events to gear reviews and the latest techniques. I have spent hours on this site searching through the information available and learned a LOT. They also have regular contests which are a nice treat.
- Bassmaster - For all things BASS. The was my first stop for info during the Bassmaster Classic. It's a great place for tournament information, angler profiles and tips & techniques.
- FLW Outdoors - The place to find FLW tournament info, videos and the FLW Online Community.
- Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) - The OFAH does great work to maintain Ontario's incredible fishing and hunting. It's worth checking out this site to see what issues are currently affecting Ontario anglers.
- BassFan - Great coverage of professional bass fishing.
- Earth Sports - An online community for anglers. There are news articles, tips and a forum. This site promotes interaction between anglers.
- Cutthroat Fishing - This is a really neat site that encourages anglers to file fishing reports and share what works in what area. Take the time to sign up and check it out.
- OFN Community - A forum for Ontario's fishing and outdoors community.
- Tackle Warehouse - Online tackle shop with lots of selection. What sets this site apart from other online tackle shops is not only do they have lots of reviews but they also have a lot of tips and techniques.
- Skunked.ca - A Great Lakes outdoors forum.
- Bass Parade - A great blog about all things bass fishing. Updated frequently and a great read.
- T Brinks Fishing - Another great blog, this one's from tournament fisherman Tyler Brinks. Lots of great information, especially the product reviews.
These are but a few websites I encourage you to check out. Start visiting some of these sites and let you're fingers click you further. Almost every tackle company, boat manufacturer, fishing TV show and many pro anglers have their own websites. Just Google what you're looking for. You can also find many of these people and companies of Facebook and Twitter. Again, it's just a matter of searching the name.
A note on Twitter - this is my favored method of getting fishing information. I can update my twitter feed throughout the day and quickly see what's in the news. There are always a ton of links to great online resources and it's an easy way to meet others who share your fishing passion. For a list of people to start following on Twitter click here
I hope you find this recap of online angling resources helpful!