Microwave Catfish en Papillote Recipe
Microwaving catfish ''en papillote'' means a quick, delicious dinner with almost no cleanup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 ounces ham, cut in thin strips
- 8 lemon slices
1. Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl. Cut four 12-by-15-inch sheets of parchment paper. Fold each sheet crosswise in half to crease, then unfold. Trim the edges to create a heart shape if desired, and brush one side with a little olive oil or butter.
2. Place one fillet on the oiled side of each sheet. Top each fillet with one-fourth of the red pepper strips and ham, and top with two lemon slices. Spoon one-fourth of the sauce over each, then crimp and seal the edges of each packet.
3. Arrange two packets on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high 6 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Repeat with remaining two packets. Arrange packets on serving plates; open carefully at table. Serve immediately.
(For conventional oven cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place crimped packets on a baking sheet; bake for 10-12 minutes.)