Homemade Shrimp Chowder (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
May be made the day before and refrigerated until the next day. Just heat and serve.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 lb ground Italian (or Andouille) sausage
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned
- two (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- one (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- two (15.25 oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 tsp homemade Old Bay seasoning (or to taste)
Add 1/4 cup butter and green onion to a frying pan and saute until tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
Cook sausage in pan, drain and remove; set aside.
Cook red potatoes and yellow onion together with 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet. When potatoes and onion are tender remove from skillet; set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and saute shrimp until cooked; drain and set aside.
In a large pot over medium heat, add condensed potato and mushroom soup with the cream cheese. Add corn. Bring to a slow boil and add the sauteed green onion, corn, sausage, red potatoes with yellow onion and shrimp.
Slowly add half-and-half. Mix well and add Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a slow boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
NOTE: May be made the day before and refrigerated until the next day. Just heat and serve.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!