Homemade Crappie Patties Recipe
Serve this Homemade Crappie Patties Recipe with a homemade garlic-butter sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cooked crappie fillets
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded or mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cracker crumbs, ground in blender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Garlic-Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons homemade unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill (optional)
1. Mix or grind the crappie fillets, onion, celery and potatoes together. Now add the salt, pepper and egg together. Form into patties.
2. Heat butter and canola oil in a skillet on medium-high and roll the patties in the crushed cracker crumbs (say that 5 times fast).
3. Fry the patties until they are golden brown on each side.
4. To make the sauce, heat the garlic and butter in a saucepan on medium. Whisk in the flour until it forms a smooth paste. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes while whisking the sauce.
5. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve garlic-butter sauce with crappie patties.
For more crappie recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.