Fresh fall king salmon with grilled radicchio Trevisano.
- Four 6 ounce king salmon fillets, skin on
- 4 cups Modena balsamic vinegar
- 2 heads radicchio Trevisano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat a grill pan over medium-high flame.
- Cut the heads of radicchio into halves and then cut into quarters.
- Remove a small amount of the stem, leaving enough intact so the pieces stay together.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the radicchio, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the radicchio on the grill flat side down.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and then turn and complete cooking on the alternate side.
- If the stem of the radicchio is still hard after it is removed from the grill, the cooking process can be finished in a 350 F oven in about 5 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, place the radicchio while its hot into a medium mixing bowl with the balsamic vinegar and chili flakes.
- Rub the salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil.
- Season the flesh side of the salmon with sea salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down on the grill and cook until the edges of the fish begin to turn opaque (4 to 5 minutes).
- Turn the fillets and cook 1 minute more.
- Place 2 pieces of radicchio on each plate then transfer the salmon fillets and place on top of the radicchio, skin side up.
- Serve immediately.