Grilled Halibut Recipe
Serve these grilled halibut fillets with strawberry fruit salsa and lemon wedges
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 fillets or steaks (halibut, salmon, tuna or sea bass) washed and patted dry
1. Mix the first 8 ingredients together to form a paste and spread on the fish with the back of a spoon or a butter knife. Place in a large resealable bag (or plastic wrap) and place in the refrigerator for 1 ½ to 2 hours to marinate.
2. Clean grill well with a brush and oil grates. Preheat to medium high. Place fillets on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Gently lift and turn over, grilling another 3 to 5 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on how thick the fillets are.
3. Remove fillets and serve with strawberry fruit salsa, lemon wedges.
4. Serve with grilled asparagus and wild rice pilaf. You may also cook the fillets in pan, but it won't have the delightful flavor from the grill.
For more halibut recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.