Fried Paddlefish Recipe
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
Frying paddlefish steaks like catfish seems to be the favorite way of preparing spoonbill fillets. This is a real simple way to fry spoonbill.
- paddlefish cut into 1 inch chunks
- egg and milk to dip fish into
- breadcrumbs or cornmeal on paper plate
- oil for cooking
Seasoned Flour Ingredients:
- 1 cup flour in an resealable bag
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Old Bay seasoning (optional)
Dip the fish in egg wash, place in the resealable bag and shake until completely covered. Re-dip in milk and dredge in breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
Drop tenderly into hot oil and fry each side until golden brown. Bring it out and let it sit on paper towel to drain.
Serve with hush puppies. Baked potato or french fries and coleslaw complete the meal.