Fish Tacos with Lime Cilantro Crema
Get that authentic Latin flavor with this lime and cilantro crema atop crispy cabbage and flaky snapper
Crunchy cabbage combines with flaky white fish and smoky cumin in this Latin-style dish. Crema is a fresh and creamy sauce that is the perfect thing to cool off the smoky spiced snapper.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
Preheat oven to 425°.
To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish.
Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas. Top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.