Elk Venison Stroganoff With Homemade Fettuccine Recipe
Brad Lockwood is joined by Shayna Bane from Weston Products and they're making delicious elk stroganoff with fresh fettuccine
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 3 pounds elk roast, diced
- ½ pound of pork fat, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- ¼ cup red wine
- ⅛ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup curly parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano and coriander
- 1 tablespoon sage and cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 pound pasta dough
- To make the gravy, pour beef stock, red wine, tomato paste, butter, garlic, onion powder and black pepper into pot and cook on medium heat. Whisk in flour to thicken.
- Dice up pork fat and elk roast. Mix in parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, coriander, sage and cinnamon.
- Grind all the meat through the course plate one time through. Then run half of it back through the medium plate.
- Hand mix bread crumbs and eggs, form into meatballs and place on frying pan. Cook until almost cooked through, but not completely.
- Finish cooking meatballs in brown gravy by simmering for about 3 hours.
- To make the fettuccine, feed pasta dough through the roller until flattened. Slice into fettuccine noodles and lay out to dry.
- Pour gravy and meatballs onto noodles and serve.