Easy Pheasant Caesar Salad Recipe
December 01, 2017
The perfect salad recipe to use up leftover upland game birds like pheasant, quail or dove
By: Scott Leysath, "The Sporting Chef"
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Â½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- â…” cup olive oil
- 2 heads chopped romaine lettuce, outside leaves removed
- Â½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- Â¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 cups cooked pheasant meat
1. Add all dressing ingredients except oil to a food processor or blender and pulse for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Taste and adjust flavors to suit your palate.
2. Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl with half of the dressing. Add additional dressing as needed and serve immediately.