Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
This Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe makes great leftovers for the next morning when served with some scrambled eggs
For 10-12 people, I like to use a 10-inch Dutch oven. It doesn't seem all that big, but when it comes time to fill the pot with spuds and cheese, you will see just how big it really is! This Dutch oven potatoes dish is so easy and a crowd pleaser.
The Dutch oven should be seasoned, if not, then buy one that is or do it yourself. The bagged baking potatoes work great for this recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours
- Potatoes 6-8 medium sized bakers (2-3 pounds)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package of bacon
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Grated cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (10-ounce) can mushroom soup + ½ can water
- Scrub and wash potatoes; then slice. The thicker the slices, the longer the potatoes will need to cook. Medium-sized slices are perfect for this dish.
- Slice bacon into 1-inch pieces and then fry in the bottom of the Dutch oven. When the bacon is done, remove it and place on a separate plate. Leave the grease in the bottom of the pot.
- In the Dutch oven, layer potatoes, onions, cheese, bacon and a couple pats of butter on each layer. You may also want to salt and pepper to taste. Three to four layers should fill the Dutch oven.
- Mix mushroom soup with about half a can of water and pour the diluted soup over the layers.
- Place lid on Dutch oven and place in a preheated 350-degree oven or layer top and bottom with hot coals. It should take around 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours, depending on the fullness of the Dutch oven.
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing dinner recipe ideas.