Delectable Dinner Recipes for the Campsite
Just because you're camping doesn't mean you shouldn't be eating a 5-star meal ... try one of these dinner recipes made simple for the outdoors!
Hamburgers and hot dogs are always fun to make over the fire, but sometimes you have to switch it up. These recipes are different, and possibly even tastier, than the classic camping dinner meals.
One-Pan Steak Dinner Recipe
Bring along a bottle of steak sauce and red wine to make this steak dinner the best it can be.
- 4 ribeye steaks (1-inch thick)
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package prewashed spring salad mix
- Your favorite salad dressing
Get the Recipe: One-Pan Steak Dinner Recipe
Campfire Chicken Nachos Recipe
These Campfire Chicken Nachos are an awesome shareable when camping with a crew.
- 1 whole store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 bottle (or can) taco sauce
- Cooking oil
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 package pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and peppers)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles (optional)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
Get the Recipe: Campfire Chicken Nachos Recipe
Campfire Lemon Chicken Foil Dinner Recipe
This lemon chicken dinner cooks inside aluminum foil, so you can enjoy your meal without having to worry about the cleanup.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 6 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 package baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅓ pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 6 small/medium Yukon gold potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
Get the Recipe: Campfire Lemon Chicken Foil Dinner Recipe
Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
This Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe makes great leftovers for the next morning when served with some scrambled eggs.
- Potatoes 6-8 medium sized bakers (2-3 pounds)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package of bacon
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Grated cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (10-ounce) can mushroom soup + ½ can water
Get the Recipe: Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing dinner recipe ideas.