Delaware DFW Announces ''Take a Kid Fishing'' Days
The Division of Fish & Wildlife will offer a number of "Take a Kid Fishing!" outings in the upcoming months. The events are free but pre-registration is required. For more information or to pre-register, please call Tess Belcher at 302-735-8656 or email Theresa.Belcher@state.de.us.
Sponsored by DNREC's Aquatic Resource Education Center and Delaware State Parks, the "Take a Kid Fishing!" program teaches young people fundamental fishing skills and conservation. Along with the angling, activity stations and prizes are just part of the day's events!
Take a Kid Fishing! is for youngsters ages 6 through 15 and their parent/guardian. Participants 16 years and older must have a current Delaware fishing license to fish.
The Take a Kid Fishing! days are scheduled for:
- March 24 - Cattail Pond, White Clay Creek State Park* 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- May 5 - Lums Pond State Park* 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- May 12 - Killens Pond State Park* 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 2 - Aquatic Resource Education Center in Smyrna, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 16 - Father's Day Fishing event at Wilmington State Parks (Brandywine Park)*, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
While the event is free, Delaware State Parks entrance fees are in effect: $3 resident; $6 non-resident.
If you are interested in volunteering as an instructor at Take a Kid Fishing! events, please contact Tess Belcher at 302-735-8656 or email Theresa.Belcher@state.de.us.