January 16, 2019
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 tart apples, cored and sliced
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 package granola, your favorite*
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- Whipped cream
*I highly recommend using granola flavored with toasted coconut.
- Prepare your campfire or grill.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced apples, blueberries, lemon juice, flour, white sugar, cinnamon and salt. Lay out 6 squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and evenly divide apple mixture onto each piece of foil.
- Top each pile of apples with granola (to taste), sprinkle with brown sugar and a pat of butter.
- Fold the foil and crimp edges to make packets. Then double wrap each pouch with another sheet of aluminum foil to prevent leakage.
- Place the packets near the fire where the temperature is about medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes or until apples and blueberries soften and bubble, rotating packets occasionally. Be careful when opening up pouches. Serve with whipped cream on top.
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing dessert recipe ideas.