Antelope Black Bean Flautas Recipe
This delicious recipe includes ground antelope meat, black beans, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, pickled jalapenos and spices. Ingredients are wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla and baked in oven at 425 for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh guacamole, sour cream and salsa verde. Substitute ground venison or elk as needed. Makes 8-10 flautas.
- 1 pound of ground antelope, venison or elk
- 1 cup of black beans
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 cup of pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet generously with cooking spray.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add ground meat (antelope, venison, elk) and cook until browned. Towards the last few minutes of cooking, add garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and oregano. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl stir together the cooked ground meat, black beans, pickled jalapenos, Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese. Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture down the center. Roll up the tortilla similar to a flute. Narrow on one side and wider on the other. Place the flautas on the greased baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the tortillas with a little olive oil to make them extra crispy. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Serve with fresh guacamole, sour cream and salsa verde.
For more information, please visit: //www.nevadafoodies.com/antelope-black-bean-flautas/